Just wanted to people in Fort Myers / Cape Coral, FL areas to be aware of this dental company (believe it is a national chain).My bad experience was with the clinic on Cape Coral Pkwy.

Having moved down here only six months earlier on and had my initial annual exam and cleaning done in TN, I went in for the regular second cleaning for the year under my medicare advantage plan (supposed to be in-network for them). Besides antiquated X-ray machines (using multiple (numerous) ***-wing x-rays to simulate the panoramic machines which would not be good for the patient's health), I was told to let them do the x-rays for free (as I have had mine in TN six months ago). Then the dentist refused to allow the cleaning based on what she saw in the X-rays unless I agree to a couple of procedures costing a few thousand dollars. It so happened I have a couple of relatives practicing dentistry (out of town) to whom I sent copies of the same x-rays.

They advised me that the procedures was not needed. To add insults to injury, they sent me a bill for the x-rays anyway.

What a scam!Just beware.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Great Expressions Dental Centers. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Great Expressions Dental Centers.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors category for more informed decision or compare Great Expressions Dental Centers to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Great Expressions Dental Centers?

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1232217

Medicare Advantage dental plans are junk insurance and no decent dentists want to mess with them.So guess who is on them?

Crooked dental chains like Great Expressions.

Skip the Medicare dental plan because it is a waste of money. Then go to a private dentist who does not work for a chain.

You will actually save money by not being overtreated.

But the way, for many things, Panoramic x-rays are INFERIOR to an x-ray series of 18 films.Panoramics are not much use for diagnosing gum disease.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1231446

Sounds like you get xrays twice a year.That's overkill, mate.

Once a year is just fine.

As for Great Expressions, sounds like they are just another scam chain outfit.Always best to find a local dentist in private practice.