1.3
Additional Fees

AVOID AT ALL COSTS: In February 2015 I had a crown put on by Dr. Nardos Benton.

I was charged $800+, which is expensive for the Atlanta area. Over the course of the next year, I had routine x-rays done, the only thing I was told was that I needed 3 new crowns due to hairline fractures. Because of the high cost, I decided to change insurances and with that, found a new dentist. My first appointment included a full exam.

I had already told her I need 3 crowns. Upon completion of the exam, my new dentist informed me that I had no need for any new crowns, there were no hairline fractures. However, she did tell me the crown I got in 2015 was put on incorrectly, leaving a gap which would cause gum problems. Keep in mind, Great Expressions had taken x-rays since the crown, so either they were incompetent in not seeing the gap on the crown or unethical if the saw it and said nothing – either way, horrific service.

After numerous calls to the Roswell and Corporate offices and threatening to sue them, they finally agreed to have Dr. Benton replace the crown. To make a very long story short, between January 2016 and June 2016, Dr. Benton tried 3 times to replace the crown, but could not get any of them to fit properly.

Finally, after numerous calls, threats of a law suit and screaming at them in front of patients in the office lobby, they issued a refund (which I had originally requested, but they refused). Prior to all of this trouble, I never checked their reviews. When I did check them, I found my exact story, but with someone else’s name. Great Expression is a scam company that prays upon people with poor or no insurance.

Not only did the falsely try to sell me 3 crowns I didn’t need, they also scammed me into buying a mouth guard, which I also didn’t need. It seems more like a flea-market for dentists vs. a healthcare practice. I have seldom seen the same dentist twice and the only thing anyone was interested when I needed the replacement crown was which dentist would pay for it.

I feel this is the case, as during one of my many trips to the Roswell office to get replacement crown another dentist, who was very rude, Dr. Firas Yosif, refused to treat me after they took off the temp crown because he “couldn’t get paid for it” – their office staff (which are nice, but always incompetent) had scheduled me for a day that Dr. Benton was not there. Not only did he refuse treatment, when I explained I had contracted services with Great Expressions, not an individual dentist, he also lied to me.

When he finally tried to put on the replacement crown (which didn’t fit), he told me he took a new mold, which he didn’t. My husband also used Great Expressions, the Marietta office. Yesterday, he went to his new dentist, and they told him the crown Great Expressions put on him about 2 years ago, was put on wrong. Based upon my experiences and other’s with Great Expression, it is my opinion that they work with poorly trained dentists that are probably not in a position to establish their own practice or join a good practice.

In summary, Great Expressions overcharges for services, they are incompetent, and most likely unethical. Should you have an issue, the corporate office will not stand behind their company, at best, they will make you deal directly with the dentist that did the work.

If Great Expressions is the only facility your dental insurance has (which was my case), change insurances. They should be avoided at all costs!

Product or Service Mentioned: Great Expressions Dental Centers Dental Crown Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Customer care, Billing practices, Dentist incompetence, Saleman tactics, Incorrect assessments, Ruined my teeth.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 28, 2016.

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1179570

I have a daughter in the Atlanta area. $800 is NOT expensive for a crown.

It is very cheap.

And hence the crappy fit.

Go to a private dentist who still does cast metal crowns. They are superior to porcelain crowns on back teeth in every way except they are not white.

No decent dentist wants to work for a fleabag investor-owned clinic like Great Expressions for long.

You are right about changing insurances, however.